- Bug in the new EntryPullDown module makes it kind of
hard to join groupchat.
- Bug in agent_tk.pl makes it even harder to join
- Removed clock from lower right corner.
- Added Logout button so that you can change accounts
without quitting Jarl.
- Got rid of minimum size limitation.
- Split Roster and normal Messages into two tabs.
- Moved Login into a tab.
- Added dropping of messages with no body defined.
- Added checks to see if the GPG or SSL is installed,
and to turn off the things that will use them if
then are not available at run time.
- Install script modified to check for openssl, and
add-on option prompting for gpg and ssl.
- SSL support via XML::Stream.
- Added help docs in CLI mode.
- Fixed bug in CLI TabBar when I added in hidden tabs
for the Debug.
- Added Debug tab to CLI, and split out the Debug code.
- Per Jer's request for the umpteenth time, when you
select a profile on the login GUI it will not make
the fields disabled.
- Nick Completion now includes a nick rotation. If you
tab over and over again it will cycle through the
matching nicks and you can stop when you find the one
- Modified install script to not require wget, to prompt
for mode installs (for those that want CLI and not Tk),
and add in a default mode prompt so that typing "jarl"
will use that mode and not Tk.
- Added support for the new XML::Stream HTTP connect
method for bypassing firewalls via proxy servers.
- Major progress on the CLI.
- Added multiple selects to the MulColListbox.
- Added sorting by column to the MulColListbox.
- Moved the MulColListbox and TabBar into the jarl tree.
- Split the Normal message code apart.
- Fixed the parser so that it produced reasonably sized
- When debug is not being shown, the debug is not saved.
Hopefully this will help with memory.
- Fixed groupchat time offset bug.
- Fixed headline display bug.
- Started working on SXPM support.
- Fixed GPG bug where it would try to secure a false chat
and spit out an error.
- Fixed Normal Message bug where a Send would cause a
- Fixed roster bug where the full JID was not being
sent to the server.
- GroupChat is now using the new interface
- Fixed bug in Roster with GPG keys and multiple
- Chat is now using the new interface architecture.
- Removed jarlCTCP function library since it is not
- Major change in the architecture of Jarl. *gui.pl
have moved to *tk.pl to make room for other graphic
lib and interface ports.
- Fixed bug in GPG where it fetch the key before
you ever chat or message them.
- Major rearrange of the code to support different
interface models. (There are GTk and CLI versions
in the works...)
- Split Roster into inherited model.
- Added debug to GPG functions.
- Added Auto Fetch and Trust feature to GPG.
- Fixed bug where non-standard characters (!&^|)
would cause a Tk error in groupchat nicks.
- Fixed chat bug where it would chat with a resource
instead of just the main JID.
- Added Double-Click pref for the main roster
(normal vs. chat)
- Added Roster prefs for subscriptions.
- Added GPG support.
- Clear button for Groupchat and Chat.
- Clear icon for Status and Debug.
- Error messages now highlight the Tab.
0.4003 - 2000/11/19
- Fixed groupchat roster support for nicks that
have () and " " in them.
- Fixed subscription request GUI when you get
multiple requests at one time.
- Fixed Autoupdate code.
- Fixed Scrollbar under Chat and GroupChat.
- Added Jarl button to toolbar to show when Jarl
is working, and to take you to the Jarl homepage.
- Fixed install script bug.
- Changed up look of toolbar and status bar.
- Icons now scale with the size of the font.
- Fixed bug in /topic changes in groupchat.
- Changed Net::Jabber requirement to 1.0020.
- Removed all references to Digest since Net::Jabber
AuthSend now determines the highest level of
security available and picks it.
- Revamped the Status window to show the different
- Added Clear buttons to the Status and Debug logs.
- Fixed bug in groupchat that if a presence was sent
before a message, then Jarl broke.
- Added history to the SendXML in the Debug section.
Use PageUp/PageDown to access it.
- Updated headline supoprt for jabber:x:delays in
preperation for the upcoming Meerkat-Service
- Fixed bug in the Web Browser preference where the
default was %GUI% and not %URL%... DOH!
- Fixed nick complettion so that if you type in the
whole name it will add the ": " or " " to the nick
- Fixed bug with Roster and case insensitive JIDs.
- Added a history to the groupchat and chat screens.
Up and Down arrow scroll through it.
- Fixed nick changes sent from the sever.
- Added a feature under the Debug Tab where you can
send XML from a Text box.
- Added a preference for showing or hiding the debug
- Changed the callbacks over to the new Net::Jabber
- Added support for figuring out the time offset
from a groupchat agent and displaying the proper
local time for the history messages.
- Moved Tk::MulColListbox requirement to 0.3.
- Moved the CTCP Time and Version results out of
seperate winodws and into the main message listing.
- Changed the colors in the Debug window. This way
you can easily see what was sent, received, and what
is an error.
- Fixed bug with the mouse wheel support.
- For the old mesages you get when you connect to a
groupchat server, jarl places an @ after the
- Added better Agent error handling.
- Changed Custom Presence GUI.
- Tweaked URL highlighting even furthur.
0.4002 - 2000/10/09
- Fixed bug with AutoUpdate file named incorrectly.
- Fixed bug where Button-3 on a Text object would pop
up a menu.
- Changed the name format of the files in the .jarl
- When you create a new profile it is saved immediatly
as well as when you quit. This was to avoid losing
the profile if Jarl crashed before it saved it.
- Fixed some broken roster code.
- Added confirmation when you try to remove a JID from
- Connect button is not active until the GUI is done
loading (green bar on login screen).
- When you click on the Connect button it is disabled
until Jarl fails to connect to the server.
- Changed NickComplete from hash to the Tk Roster
object. This is a lot more accurate.
- Fixed bug in Net::Jabber which caused a bug in Jarl.
- In groupchat, you now get a message telling you that
you are no longer in the channel, and the roster is
- When you are disconnected and reconnected your same
presence information is used, including which
groupchat rooms you were logged into.
- Fixed bug in jarlMainLoop where it calling a function
on an undefined object.
- Updated the availablity messages under chat. Now if
the user you are chatting with logs out/in or changes
their presence you will get an update in the chat
- Fixed bug in chat where hitting return on a blank "Say"
would send the last "Say".
- Added support for offline chat messages to display the
time they were received, just like in groupchat.
- Fixed URL syntax highlighting again.
- Enabled starting a chat with someone who is offline.
- Fixed bug where you could not log in to the new server
architecture. Moved Net::Jabber requirement to
- Fixed bug where a new user would not be able to save
profiles due to the ~/.jarl directory not being
- Fixed bug where any key press qould fetch a URL. Now
it's only button 1.
- Fixed Syntax Highlighting.
- Fixed GroupChat Roster font changing.
- Added suport for the mouse wheel. It scrolls text
widgets (ie. Status, Debug, GroupChat, Messages, etc.)
0.4001 - 2000/09/20
- Fixed bug in search code where adding a JID caused an
0.4000 - 2000/09/20
- Changed the install process to be a more split apart
- Added support for the new GroupChat past messages
that you receive when you log in to the channel.
- Fixed bug with Ctrl-Enter on the New Message tab.
- The presence objects now change the icon in the
status bar when it changes. This fixes a bug in the
custom presence stuff.
- Fixed bug in groupchat where a hitting entr twice
resent the last message over and over again.
- Added support for Unified Presence. When you change
the main presence, your presence in all groupchat
channels changes as well. No preference for it yet.
- Added the new roster into groupchat windows so that
you can now see the presences from all of the users
in the channel.
- Created a new roster instead of using the Tk::HList.
The new roster supports resources.
- Made custom check boxes and radio buttons to match
the rest of the GUI.
- Added a new preference. Font changing. The default
font size is Helvetica 14, but you change this from
the Config interface.
- Change config file format to match the Profile change.
- Change Profile Editor to support a Connection Profile
as well. This allows you to specify multiple ways to
connect to a server (TCP/IP, SSL-future, HTTP-future).
- Split Jarl into "modules" that are not loaded until
they are needed. This allows a faster startup.
- Added new Login screen.
- Fixed bug where trying to chat with an off-line user
would cause a crash.
0.3004 - 2000/07/13
- Added my first preference. Web Browser. Now you
can enter in the custom line to start whichever
web browser you want.
- Added support for /nick in groupchat.
- Added a "Custom Presence" to the Presence Menu
so you can craft your own presence.
- Changed the format of the text in Groupchat to
be more standard. %% precedes server messages,
* precedes actions, and the nick is now surrounded
- Changed the presence stuff in the Status bar
to show the Status message that you are showing
- Changed the Presence menu around to support
sending out Status messages with the presence.
- In the New Message tab, Ctrl-Enter will hit the
"Send" button for you.
- Added balloon messages to the Roster to show the
status of the JID.
- Added support for sending out CTCP Version and
Time requests in the Roster popup menu.
- Added function to massage the Roster popup menu
to show things either normal or disabled based
on the JID and info for that JID.
- Added Subscribe/Unsubscribe to the roster popup menu.
0.3003 - 2000/07/10
- Added string and icon to the status bar to show
who is on Jarl and what presence they are showing.
- Added more roster icons to show the situation
when you do not have a subscription of "both".
- Fixed bug where the change in presence and roster
on an unsubscribe would not show the change in
the roster icon.
- Fixed bug in Net::Jabber and Jarl with the
PresenceDB stuff where a subscription presence
would not get to the user for authorization.
Shifted Net::Jabber requirement to v1.0011.
0.3002 - 2000/07/03
- Added in support for AutoUpdate. This will
help all Jarl users keep up to date with
- Patched bug with the indention in chat and
groupchat where sometimes the margin width
is undefined and wipes out the indention for
- Added new message button to the ToolBar to
allow the user to send a message to an
- Added resource pull down menu to the new
message GUI so you can send a message to a
- Added support for the PresenceDB in the
Net::Jabber::Protocol. This allows Jarl to
track the various resources and only shows
you the highest priority.
- When chatting with someone in a groupchat
room it shows a log out message for the other
person in the chat window so you can know
that they left.
- When doing nick completion in GroupChat it
now scrolls the entry to the end so that
the nick completion doesn't jump past the
end of the entry view.
- When doing nick completion in GroupChat if
the nick is at the beginning of the entry
box then it adds ":" to the end, otherwise
- Moved the "Leave" and "Cancel" buttons on the
Chat and GroupChat windows to get rid of the
emtpy space under the say entry box.
- Removed blank line from the end of the
- Added date/time to the Status frame.
- Added Status frame to bottom of main window.
- Added margins to the Chat and Groupchat Text
boxes. Now the wrapped text shown with a
margin so that you can easier read the names.
- Fixed bug in Headlines when you close the
headlines and then get a new headline it would
add one too many headlines in and less up the
- Added TabBar highlighting to show that
something in that tab changed.
- Removed window grabs as it caused problems
with conflicts with other programs.